Sunday, November 16, 2014

Fright Night

I love movies. Funny movies, sad movies, scary movies, creepy movies, you name it. Some of my favorites are not necessarily the best films, but they're interesting in one way or another. Something in there lodges itself in your psyche, and you just have to return to it.

Case in point: this made-for-TV relic of the 70's. 1971 to be exact. It's called Black Noon, and stars Roy Thinnes, Yvette Mimeux, Ray Milland, and even Leif Garrett(who?)as one of the "towheads". Found it on YouTube, in 5 installments:
You'll probably want to crank up your speakers a bit. And the picture quality is far from perfect. And I guess it really wasn't all that good a movie. Still,  like I said, interesting. To give you my favorite scenes would be giving away some of the plot, so I have to hold back here.. I mean, in a movie like this, you know the bad guys are going to win. You just don't know quite how. 

I actually found this movie online, from a company that specializes in rare movies from the 60's and 70's, little gems like this that somehow don't get released. Anxiously awaiting my DVD copy in the mail. I'm sure it'll be better quality than this YouTube rendering, but I'm still not expecting much. Other than a movie that's still a lot of fun to watch. At least if you like creepy horror/supernatural films. 

I do. 




 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home