Saturday, January 28, 2012

Back Porch Makeover



Well it can now be told. This is a classic before-and-after situation with my back porch. As you can see from the before picture, it was about ready to fall into the abyss- and take me and more than a few bucks with it! Real Dogpatch USA stuff.

But then you can see from the after picture that I'm not necessarily into elegance either. Well-built functionality is just fine with me. And my new deck has both these qualities. Plus it's very comfortable. It feels good to hang out there. Unfortunately, this work was done very late in 2011, around Thanksgiving, so not a lot of nice weather in which to enjoy it. But until Spring gets here, I'll take my unseasonal days when we get 'em.

Like I said, it's a very comfortable space. So far it's just been me with my coffee, but I'm sure come the warmer weather that it will be a nice place to enjoy that Corona after a roughass Mnday at work. Plus a place to actually entertain guests- food, drink and merriment.

You've gotta enjoy your small victories in life, and this back porch makeover was one of them. Looking forward to many nice times out on the deck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home