Sunday, April 30, 2006

Wake & Bake

There are a lot of different Sundays people are experiencing right now across the world: blisteringly hot, numbingly cold, easy, difficult, all manner of human situations, but mine is pretty much in the middle. A lazy rainy day. Wake and bake.


Actually, to be technically correct(TC), a wake and bake day by definition is one in which you grab the bong or 1-hitter upon rousing from slumber and immediately medicate yourself(yes this is from High School daze..). Of course subsequent medications would be administered throughout the day. But it doesn't have to involve cannabis sativa to be a wake and bake day, at least honorarily so. A lazy, do-nothing day, basically.


So life is good. Or at least not too shabby. Got an Egg McMuffin breakfast in my belly, taking out a few morning wrinkles, and enough supplies in the house for 3 animals' consumption for the next couple days. So, having Monday and Tuesday off from the rigors of daygigdom, this may be a Wake n' Bakethon..


My dog stops by periodically while I'm on the computer, for his various reasons: just to 'check in' with me, if he hears me losing at Poker(he probably thinks the game's called "Oh FUCK!"), to make sure I still love him even though he just shit on the carpet downstairs in the dining room(something I'm yet to discover). It's all just part of his and my existence here..


The other resident here is a cat, whose arrival followed the dog's by maybe 7 months. She also checks in here. They've both been with me for (wow!)eight years now, and as such are pretty seasoned veterans of the place and of each other. He is the proverbial pesky older brother, who picks on her by blocking doorways and sneaking off into the kitchen to eat(basically inhale)any food left in her bowl.. Sworn enemies, yet I catch them sitting together, mere inches apart, only to have the cat dash off the minute she sees me. Hmmmm..


Such is life today here at chez Roundly. Just me and the critters. And whaddya know, the sun's out. At least for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home