Sunday, February 05, 2006

Crub Frush

Please disregard my previous blog. It's just me whining about how my life isn't perfect, about how the stuff on my plate doesn't look just like the menu. It is good to vent, albeit in a somewhat "whiny" manner, but something happened tonight which gave me some perspective.

For some years, I hosted a weekly Poker game here at chez Roundly, from 1996 to 2005. Nine of 'em. As far as players, had a fair amount of shifting over those years, but settled into a solid foursome over the last 2 or so. One of the players, a guy maybe a year younger than myself, has taken ill over the last 6 months or so and it's just getting worse. I happened to communicate with his sister this evening about his deteriorating condition, and it definitely woke me up.

Okay, maybe some aspects of my life aren't working out just as I'd like them to. At least I still have a shot at making those things happen. And even if they still don't happen, maybe something else will that's just as cool. At least I have a job I don't mind(well, except for Monday morning, and just those first couple hours)that pays me enough money to make it, and various friends and associates I enjoy. And my music's getting out there in the world, little by little.

Speaking of music, I've set out to write something for my Poker buddy. Not sure if it'll be a piece to play in the band or a solo guitar thing, but I do have a title, taken from some of the jocularity at the Poker table- a joke he used to make. It's called "Crub Frush", which is of course 'Engrish' for club flush.

Politically incorrect? You bet. I hate that shit. Well, actually I hate the punctiliousness of "political correctness", the tight-assed orderliness, though I do try not to hurt feelings(like Jonathan Swift, I often loathe mankind but love people).

I'm still undecided whether to tell him he has a tune coming. Half tempted to just let him find out about it--later. Might be a cooler surprise, after the fact- so to speak. Who knows?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home