Sunday, April 08, 2007

lame-ass post Easter blog

Damn, something about having time off that makes you act like a kid with his parents gone for the evening. You can smoke cigarettes or drink beer or watch dirty movies on the TV, all those forbidden fun acts you don' t ordinarily get to do what with the folks around.

As a grown-up who no longer smokes cigarettes but does drink some beer and view the occasional dirty movie whenever he pleases, I tend to do excessive movie viewing/junk food ingesting when it comes to Mom and Dad leaving the house to me for the evening. Sometimes I'll have a Cheeto or two too many, and spend an hour or so paying for it with (brrp!)indigestion. This morning, at a rather early hour, to put it delicately, I spent enough time on the throne to qualify for a position of royalty.

The Earl of the john, I guess. Well I'm sure, in this wide and wacky world, that there's a blogsite that goes into detail about such matters:

Sunday, April 8, 2007 5:36am. Dropped a couple lincoln logs in there. Good color.

Fortunately this isn't one of those blogsites, however I may digress. But then that's half the fun in writing this drivel, the wide-ass wrong toin at Albuquerque that may steer you to a shitty place or a good one but certainly a different place. At least for a minute.

Damn, what was I writing about? Beats me, but it is Easter. Well I guess most of the world has some sorta fambly dinner and goes to Church today, among other things--is there football today? We useta do the family dinner thing on Easter Sunday, mostly to appease my Grandmother but still regularly after that on a well-this-is-some-sorta-special-day-so-we-might-as-well-eat basis.

*****************************************************************

Okay I started this blog yesterday, on Keester Sunday. Keester Sunday, for me, largely consisted of sitting on mine, mostly in front of the TV. Fortunately, I was able to curb any junkfood overindulgence this time and thus avoid that pesky "throne time" one serves a few hours later.

This was supposed to have been a road trip weekend for me. Had planned on visiting some family one state over(about 3 1/2 hrs away by car)but they all had other plans for Easter--with other families, no doubt. This happens as you get older, as far as family get-togethers, the shrinking family. People get old and wear out, or they get divorced or they just have something else to do on these occasions. It happens.

Having been to my share of noisy family functions, a quiet day at home ain't all bad either. Would've been nice to rub elbows with kinfolk I don't see very often but used to at every single one of these-type occasions(thus if there's some dysfunctionality in there it's been so long it's been wiped from conscious memory), but I'll also take the peace and quiet of hearth & hame here. Particularly after working all week in a noisy-ass room fulla noisy-ass people.

I do miss the family events, but maybe they weren't as great as I remember. Actually there are very few negative aspects I can recall. Well, let's see. My cousins had this tiny hateful dog named Tiger who'd come at you with all 8 oz if you looked at him wrong, but that's about it. Come to think of it, my maternal Grandfather had an equally tiny and equally hateful dog, named Boy--what is it with these miniscule canines to give them such rotten dispositions anyway?!

Well I guess there's always next Easter, for whoever's still around and of a mind to have dinner. And again, it's not half bad just hanging here at chez Roundly catching a DVD or two. Caught and taped the first episode of the last season of The Sopranos. Very cool. Got 7 episodes of Spongebob yet to view. Life could be better, but it could also be a whole lot worse..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home