Sunday, March 20, 2011

That's Amore


Well one of the positive things to come out of this year was a new ladyfriend. Met her on Match.com of all places. I registered in there with a what-the-hell attitude, "winked" at a few women(i.e. sent a "wink" via match.com email), no response; had a few wink at me, not interested. But I did get a bite the day before Valentine's Day, as it turned out- when I'd pretty much given up on the prospect of meeting anyone through there.

She picked me out, said she liked my picture and what I had to say. I should learn by now that it's always the woman who does the selecting, whether it's on the Internet or in person or by whatever means of communication. Every relationship I've ever been in that actually worked(if only for awhile)has been one in which they picked me. Or maybe I'm just picking the wrong ones.

So we're a month and change into this whole thing. Going fine. I liken it to a big jigsaw puzzle, wherein every encounter, whether in person or by email or by phone, I get another piece of the puzzle. And I guess she gets a piece of my puzzle as well every time out. We're not doing this willfully, by design- it's just turned out this way. Actually it makes things that much more fun..

I don't know where she lives, only that she lives alone and a few doors down from her parents, with whom she has a close relationship. Mine have both passed away, in '94 and '07, but while they were alive, I was close to both my folks as well.

One thing I do know is that there's a certain type that always seems to go for me: fairly intelligent, bohemian, usually with a belief in the paranormal, somewhat artsy, a little bit nuts. I have the highest incidence of success with these women, maybe because it describes me as well.

So like I said, we're a month and change into this whole thing. Whatever happens, it's a good experience for the both of us. More as it happens.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

that's funny, sam, i didn't know you were bohemian.

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home