Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Tuesday into Wednesday

Two days down in the workweek. Everyone has their own way of processing this information, but for me, it's MT W ThF. Monday and Tuesday tend to go fast, then the time drags a bit tomorrow, being equidistant from the beginning and end of the week. But after tomorrow, the week starts its downslide toward the weekend. Thursday, the penultimate day of the workweek, has a sort of anticipatory buzz to it, being almost Friday. And then Friday drags, especially the last couple hours, since you can't wait for it to end.

That's my process at any rate. I've liked some of my jobs more than others, but I've never had a job where I wasn't glad to see it over and done with for the week.

It used to be that Corona helped me through my workweek, particularly after a harrowing Monday. For now, instead of swilling beers of an evening, I have movie night(s). I know eventually I'll tire of movies and soda and popcorn and have to come up with another diversion, but for now it seems to be working. Tonight's cinematic fare is the second half of Ben Hur.

I still don't feel as good in the evening as I did swilling a Corona or four(well okay, five), but I do feel better in the morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home