Monday, December 06, 2010

Monday: Gateway to Tuesday

If you're allergic to smoke, Alice B's brownies may be a "Toklas" alternative.

There you go. That was the one clever thought I had today. It was pretty much first thing in the morning, before my brain was dulled from the onslaught of clients. They siphoned all my energy, just sucked it out through the phone lines, leaving me a mere shell of a man.

Man I hate Mondays! They almost always start with a bang, with people lined up out the door and the phones ringing off the wall. A jarring experience every week. Fortunately they go fast, and before you know it, the clock on the wall says 4:30 and you're out the door with your Monday remaining as only a bad taste in your mouth.

Movie night this evening was Ben Hur. Well, the first half of Ben Hur, being a lenghty-ass epic film. Part 2 will pick up tomorrow night, to move me from Tuesday to Wednesday. Hadn't seen this movie since I was a little kid. Still very entertaining, a film that grows on you as it goes. Right now it's bath time. The evening ablutions, followed by a hopefully good night's sleep. Four more workdays remain, but I'll pick 'em off one by one.

Thought I'd share my one creative thought with you though. Happy Tuesday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home