Saturday, January 28, 2012

My New View

This is the view I now enjoy from my new deck. As far as actual physical views, actual scenic vistas, there are certainly better and worse. What's most important is that it's a very comfortable spot in which to sit, whether viewing the world figures into it or not. It just feels good. Simple as that.

I remember before I committed to buying this place, back in 1996, I came over a time or two and just hung out on the back porch. And I recall feeling very-- comfortable. Muy simpatico. Strangely enough, I never sat out there much after that, partly because it was just a little too small, and later falling apart. Maybe all it needed was another 12 feet.

I had to wait until I could afford it though, and that ended up being late last year, around Thanksgiving. Not a lot of nice days left in the year to enjoy it, but there have been a few. And a few this month. Well, plenty of days await this year as we move into Spring-and then Summer and Fall. So far, just a place to sit with my coffee, but I'm sure it will become a place to sit with my beer as well--and even for others to sit with their coffee and/or beer or whatever.

Actually, it's not a new view at all, just a different perspective. But it sure improves the view..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home