Saturday, August 05, 2006

The Tao of Sloth

A beer-drinkin', Cheeto-eatin', non-productive sorta day. Then again, who's to say what productive is. It all depends on your goals. If they're to Get Things Done, such as fixing the dishwasher or mowing the lawn, then a day solely devoted to the consumption of beer and Cheetos would fall sorely short of the mark.

But if you'd gotten up in the morning and said, "I'm gonna drink a few beers and eat Cheetos until I'm shittin' orange", then this would've been a truly productive day. A day in which goals have been met. A day in which you've Gotten Things Done.

Strangely enough.

Actually, on a day that's all mine like Saturday, I just ask myself what I feel like doing and kinda go from there. For me today, cleaning and then Cheeto & beer consumption have seemed to be 'what wants to happen' ..

Not much of a carpe diem type I guess. I'd rather let ' diem' come to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home