Saturday, September 13, 2008

Isoscoles macaroni


Well you probably think I'm nuts already, at least partially off my noodle(hm, strangely appropriate here..)so I'm sure this will confirm any opinions thereof you may have already had. But it goes like this:

I had this dream, back in college days(1978 or 79), that I'm having dinner at Ralph Nader's house. Just your basic middle-class house. Dinner is cooking and he's giving a lecture in the living room. I don't remember whether or not there were other people in the audience but it kinda seems so.

So dinner is cooking and he's lecturing away. "We must view reality without bias", he's saying, and draws a nine-point star on the blackboard. Within it he places various philosophical problems/issues, and "solves" them much like a Geometry proof.

At this point the phone rings. I pick it up and answer. "Hello?" "What's for dinner?" I'm asked. "Isoscoles macaroni" is my reply. I remember feeling in my dream like that was kind of a witty retort.

And there you have it. My isoscoles macaroni dream. A friend of my brother's thought I should make that into a song or album title. He said it would definitely stick with people as far as catchiness since it's something your conscious mind could never put together- exploring the geometric aspects- no, properties of macaroni. Taking these two most disparate entities and makin' 'em buds.

Isoscoles macaroni. Coming soon to a dream theatre near you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home