Saturday, February 21, 2009

Djbipitod and Horrencchia

Like many folks in their 50's, I've lost both my parents. Dad died back in 1993(lung cancer) and Mom in 2007(complications from Alzheimer's). They're both still sorely missed.

Dad's passing was at least relatively quick and painless. He was diagnosed in July and died the following March. Mom's was more of a gradual degeneration, her condition worsening over the years, finally reaching the point where there was no communication of any kind. Just hanging on by a thread until Death, at long last, came to get her. In that sense, it was a blessing that she would be the one to hang on. Dad would've been much harder to take care of if he'd been the 'survivor'.

But however they left this Earth, they're both gone. They've completed their respective assignments on this plane of existence and moved on. When people close to you pass away, I do think they stop in on you from time to time to see how you're doing. I've felt them hanging around. No great profound message from beyond the grave, just a presence--their presence. And of course I have had this sensation with both parents, especially Dad.

I suppose it's much like when you make a change such as change of residence or employment, that part of you is still tied to that old home or job. You check back in at that old location for a while, but there comes a point when you've got both feet planted in your new situation and you just don't look back so much. No time for it.

Now I have no idea what goes on beyond the grave of course. I do have a pretty good idea that we live on past our physical death, and that that realm of experience is tied to this one. And I do think that you repeat this earthly experience in various forms.

That said, my parents--that is, the souls who took on the roles of my parents--have each completed one in a series of earthly existences. And thus, upon death, they've shed their temporal identities as John Benard and Jacqueline Hicks Roundly. Their names now might as well be Djbipitod and Horrencchia.

I don't know Djbipitod or Horrencchia. At least not yet. The identities I knew were John and Jacqueline- sorry, Mom and Dad *. So that's how they appear to me. They put on the Mom n' Dad suits for their occasional visits, so I'll recognize them. (Yes I was thinking of the movie Cocoon, wherein the aliens could assume human form but were in reality glowing bands of light).

I miss my folks. They're right here with me but they're a million miles away. It's a paradox that you have to experience yourself to truly understand. Well for me, my earthly assignment is still going. So I'll continue my identity as Roger U Roundy until such time as I've completed whatever it is I'm here to do. And at that point I'll shed my earthly trappings, my Roger U Roundliness.

Until such time as someone close to me here needs me to come back and be Roger U Roundly for them..




* As a kid I once addressed my folks by their first names and was stopped in my tracks. Kindly but firmly. Years later I had a similar experience in Japan in which I walked across a hardwood floor with my shoes on. Stopped in my tracks after just two steps..


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home