Sunday, March 27, 2011

Trivia Night



Well I've now done two Trivia Nights, both at St Pat's Cathedral here in Spfld. Last November was the first one, invited by a co-worker. And I was flattered to be asked back for a return engagement. Last time I didn't feel like I did all that well, but I did get better in the course of the evening- depending of course on the category. Not so hot on the History questions, somewhat better on Literature, nailed the TV Trivia, and completely bombed on Sports.

What I felt to be my one saving grace last time out was a response no one else at the table had. I think the category was Celebrities' Real Names, and I had what is now known as a Charo moment.

This time out I felt my responses were considerably better. In the Civil War category I got William Tecumseh Sherman, among a few others; in the Name His Assassin(at least attempted)I got Sirhan Sirhan for Robert Kennedy; for Name the Cartoon Character I got The Lockhorns--and a few other correct responses which escape me for the moment.

But my Charo moment- the response which no one else had in this second Trivia Night was in the Name The Game Show Host. For the $1.98 Beauty Contest: Rip Taylor.

These events can be quite humbling, showing you all the information you either never knew or mistakenly thought you did. But they're also a perverse point of pride, that you remember what no one else bothered to.

I hope I get invited back again in November. And hope I have another Charo moment, for the sake of our team..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home