Tuesday, April 12, 2011

the pause that refreshes


It's about 7:50 in the pm. The sun has just about set on a beautiful Spring day. Coming down from a moderately irritating day at work. It was one which the bright sunlight outside kept from being a severely irritating day inside. Usually does in our office- despair comes harder in the sunshine. That plus the fact that you can, at least to a large extent, refuse to let things get to you(thank you Albert Ellis!).

I've just enjoyed my beer du jour(see earlier blog about regimen of meds), and am commencin' to fix dinner. (Commencin' is of course a Jed Clampett-ism, meaning I'm kinda getting around to it. )When I first started this "regimen" I tried my beer at bedtime, but at that hour it stirred me up more than relaxed me. Don't know the precise medical explanation for this but it has to do with sugars- either already in the body that get stirred up, or by the beer, or both. So as an experiment, tried it right before dinner. Perfect, especially with tunes on the CD player. Especially jazz, and there of the mellower variety.

At this point in the day, exercise is probably a better plan. Indeed, perhaps down the road apiece the beer du jour will give way to some sort of daily perambulation, but for now I'm going to enjoy my minor vice. My moderate debauchery..

What the hell. One beer in a day takes off a bit of edge from your workday, sands down whatever the sunlight and one's own attitude(RET-inspired or not)fail to do. I can remember in the not-too-distant past, after some particularly harrowing Mondays at work, having a bit of an evening bender-not only taking off the edge, but the whole side of the building!

Tomorrow may or may not be a beautiful sunny day. We will assuredly have disgruntled folk visiting our office then, sunny day or not, who may or may not get on my nerves. With these variable probabilities going, I will probably have my one Corona right after work, my beer du jour(and probably avec musique). See you a demain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home