Sunday, March 25, 2012

For Me and My Grill


Anybody who has five sons all of whom he names George you gotta wonder about, if just a little bit. Unfortunately it lacks the punch line of the welfare mother giving all her sons the same first name('what if you want to call them individually?' 'oh, then I use their last names!') But George Foreman, as an HBO commentator, seems very personable-and is smarter than his persona might lead you to believe.

So, okay, the all-George thing is kinda weird in several ways- could spew its weirdness in several different directions, but otherwise, Foreman seems an okay guy. And at his best, he was a hell of a fighter.

But the George Foreman I'm concerned with in this blog is not the boxer or family man(strangely enough, none of the 5 Georges are boxers, at least to my knowledge, but like Ali and Frazier he has a daughter who puts on the gloves: Freeda George Foreman)but purveyor of fine cooking products. Yes, I am the owner of a George Foreman Grill. And I'm very satisfied with my purchase.

It's opened up a number of cooking possibilities--burgers, chicken, dogs--that weren't workable on the skillet. And the things I used to fry(Salmon and Tapaica, pork chops)are much better on the grill. Yes, I know- these are things most other folks have done for quite some time, but I'm a neophyte in the world of cooking, having microwaved my way through too many years. But better late than never.

So, George Foreman. Congrats on a great boxing career, and enjoy your commentary on HBO sports. And the grill works fine. I just hope those boys at least have different middle names...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home