Tuesday, September 03, 2013

2 Fetid Piles

As a kid, I remember going with my folks to the homes of various grown-ups in our circle. Most maintained their abodes about like we did(okay, like Mom did), but I did notice among a few-usually older and/or more eccentric-there was a certain clutter element. 

Quite often, it was 6 months to a year's worth of newspapers that just hadn't been thrown out. Sometimes it was piles of clothing, such as are pictured here(and then you get the odor potential going..)But whatever it was, it was piled higher and deeper so to speak.   
So in looking over these two fetid piles you see before you, I come to the horrific realization that I've become one of those eccentric older folks that made me go a bit 'ewww' as a kid. They didn't horrify me then, those quirky seniors with their various accumulations of stuff, just something I noticed growing up. But I never thought it'd be me. I mean, it's bad enough that you grow up like one or both of your parents..

Just kidding- well, for the most part. I do remember my Dad telling me, "son, most of your shittier characteristics you got from my side of the family". Whether this is an accurate recounting, who knows, but it is how I happen to remember it. And it's made me laugh of late. 

Funny how those things re-surface years later, decades later- and crack you up all over again.But I'm working on cleaning up the fetid piles in my life, whether they're on the floor or between my ears.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home