Sunday, November 18, 2012

Floor Lamps: functional and sporty

We always seemed to have a ton of floor lamps around when I was growing up. I've always liked the way they light up a room without being overwhelming in any way. As a musician, I can't believe I'm using this analogy, but floor lamps are to a room what a medium-volume band is as well: you can listen and still have a conversation(though most of these seem to happen during the bass solo..). 

So I've decided to get more floor lamps for my place, and thusfar have three. The top one was a present from my brother, and is of the "sporty" variety: as well as its bright colors(the picture really doesn't do it justice), it has waterfall sounds you can turn on or off, a multisensory experience. Sometimes you want to do nothing but listen to the band..

I can just see myself with a ton of these floor lamps all over the place as time goes on. All in what you grow up with I guess- or at least what of that you decide to take with you(I suppose there could be someone who grew up as I did, but somehow became a great repudiator of floor lamps). I usually like 'em more on the functional side, but sporty is good too. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home