Saturday, April 18, 2009

Konsumer Konfusion

Some of the food products you get at the grocery store these days have some confusing directions. I just discovered a breakfast/lunch delicacy, a sort of omelette affair, whose microwave instructions are a bit vague.

It says cook 2 1/2 minutes, rotate 1/4 turn, then cook an additional 30 sec to 1 1/2 minutes. I'm fine with the cooking directions, but why do I need to rotate 1/4 turn? And which way do I rotate?

Well being a delicacy(at least for the moment)I ended up fixing two of them, so I tried rotating a different direction each time. There's no clearcut benefit to rotating in between cooking sessions, but you do get a slightly different perspective as far as where you're facing in the room and thus what you're taking in visually- seeing more of a particular wall in the kitchen, or seeing more down the hallway.. And so you may perceive the room differently as far as what you consider most important, least important.

You also use different muscles when you're rotating 1/4 turn in either direction. More tricep it would seem. So I can kinda see a benefit there as well as from a visual, feng shui standpoint. I must say though, my rotating a quarter turn in between cooking sessions didn't seem to impact the food itself. But I suppose I benefited in other ways. I just wish they'd be more specific in their directions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home