Saturday, June 02, 2007

50 Farts

Well that's about how many came out of me between last night and now, mostly within a 2-3 hour period. Fortunately the air-conditioning dissipated whatever residual methane odor might've decided to stick around, so we didn't have to declare it a Disaster Area and call in FEMA or anything(hmm, maybe that's what the F really stands for..).

Just goes with the Friday lunch cuisine, which is quite often a bowl of chili and a hot dog. I'm usually okay coming back from lunch but a couple hours later- look out! Somehow ended up on the receiving end of a one-way transfer to downtown Fart City. Glad to get back outa there, I'll tell ya..

But I do enjoy the spicy stuff now and again, and other forms of not-so-good-for-you foodstuffs(see earlier blog: Cheezsnack Time = Throne Time a bit further down)realizing that there's going to be some comeuppance down the road in the form of--yes, throne time or inclement pants weather(i.e. wind). You play, you pay. I understand.

With that in mind, I've actually been working on being more healthful: getting some rudimentary kinda exercise in the form of isometric-type stuff and crunches(yow!), drinking more water, cutting back on soda and beer. When you hit your 40's and 50's it's more maintenance than anything. But there's usually a problem area: a protruding gut or an ass the size of Montana.

So I've at least made the initial step in the "journey of a thousand miles". Done it before, several decades back, to put on weight via weight-training exercises in the Baltimore Y's gym. Now I'm doing it- not weights, but the exercise lite equivalent in the form of isometricstuff-to lose weight--well not so much weight per se but bodymass in the wrong place.

Actually I think I'll close out this blog and go get in another exercise session. Feeling pretty good, fueled with a couple cups of coffee and a bacon n' cheese sammich(yes yes I know: Mr Cholesterol)awhile back. And the farts have stopped.

Oops. 51.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home