Saturday, April 18, 2009

Twilight Zone Revisitied


The Twilight Zone Collection I'd originally ordered(see earlier blog)turned out to be a real stucke auf sheis. About half the DVDs froze on you, and of course always at a critical part of the story, usually the unveiling point as far as that twist in the road which characterized the series.

TVDVDmania is I the name of the outfit. Well, they may have a different name by now...

Family Video(or actually CBS.com)has a much better product. Well, DVDs that aren't copies. Everything works--that's all I ask for!--plus there's more background information and commentaries by some of the stars. Burgess Meredith, Martin Landau, Jonathan Winters and Bill Mumy to name a few. Mumy is actually my age(b. 1954). Sounds like a cool person from the commentary- one of the few kid actors whose life didnt' end up in the shitter.

The Jonathan Winters narrative is pretty good too. And nutty in a few spots, as you might expect. I've probably seen every episode of Twilight Zone at this point, but there's still a lot of extra stuff to check out.

A bit pricier than my original purchase, but then these DVDs aren't copies. And I have an address to send back to(plus local outlets to work through)if something goes wrong. Well you do get what you pay for. Let's hope anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home