Saturday, May 07, 2011

these boots were made for..



Throughout our lives we get things dumped on us by various folks for various reasons. On occasion, I get things literally dumped in my front yard- usually an empty can or bottle of something or other, the contents of which long since drained away. I usually exclaim something like ^)%_&^&9, half under my breath, and clean up the mess.

Today's "offering" was a box once containing Seagram's Gin bottles. It had since been used to house different kinds of glasses and from different local establishments(one of them long since defunct), and even those had been picked over to a large extent.

The only thing left in the box was a couple wine glasses, a champagne glass, and these two beauties. In case it's not discernible from the picture, the saxophonist is Boots Randolph. Hence the boot shape of these glasses.Ahh, kitsch at its finest. My brother would appreciate this stuff.

Yes, not everybody who dumps on you is your enemy. Well, most of the time but there is that one occasion every so often where they unwittingly do you a kindness by giving you something you enjoy. So to whoever you are, thank you for the Boots Randolph glasses and the other stuff you didn't want out of the box. You made my day just a little bit better, even though that wasn't your intention at all- one might even say, despite what were at least less-than-positive wishes toward me in the act of dumping a box on my lawn.

Haven't tried out the wine glasses as yet, but these Boots Randolph babies work just fine. There is something in drinking out of a glass shaped like a boot, you can't help but feel a little bit like you just lost the game, the non-victory drink(in that case, I think I'd want my opponents to drink out of something shaped like my underwear)but otherwise very functional.

Again, thanks for the nice stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home