Saturday, June 23, 2012

The Antidote

I feel damn lucky sometimes(at least those times when I'm not feeling damned unlucky)that at least in this life I have an "outlet". Well actually a few outlets as such, but for our purposes here, let's just stick with this one. 

Music. 

Pictured here is yours truly having a great time playing R & B with a group I work with from time to time. I'm the wiry guy playing the guitar. Hard to pick up facial expressions in this picture, but it looks as if the other guys are enjoying themselves as well. 

A bit earlier on, I was suffering from ppc in the office where I work. It was wearing me down.  PPC stands for phones, printers and complaining, and the levels have been red-lining for some time. 

Two things helped me get a second wind. One of which was a good likelihood of going to reduced hours later in the year(less $, but also less ppc and thus less stress), and the other was playing the blues with these two gentlemen. 

As it stood, I had another gig an hour after this one ended, at another establishment and with two other guys(and playing a different guitar)which was equally fun. 

Of course, not every single gig you're gonna play is going to be the best you've ever played, and not every day at the office is the worst you've ever had- but on the average, a gig is by itself way more fun than work, and is sometimes even the antidote to work. Or at least ppc(the 'chemical' often found in work..).   

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home