Sunday, June 10, 2012

I'm a Shittin' Machine

Well I was this morning, at any rate. Seems like I spent a disproportionate amount of my a.m. doing b.m. Perhaps a bit too much chowing down in front of the TV yesterday. Actually I've paid worse penance for my occasional gluttony. Cheetos are my real nemesis, my- Agent Orange, if you will. They don't cause me any deformities, just cause me to spend time later 'moanin' on the throne'. Singin' the bilious blues...


So today was comparatively mild, as gastric aftereffects go. I just know to avoid the Orange Death otherwise known as Cheetos(delicious though they are)and I'm fine. 


A bit of tension in the Roundly household of late, concerning Lester, my dog, one of the three quadrapeds here, and what seems to be his age-related physical deterioration, which of course affects their bipedal "owners" in different ways. Some might hit the hooch, this one hits the Ben & Jerry's- and usually along with some kinda TV entertainment(in this case, the first half of 2001: A Space Odyssey). Might go back for seconds tonight, at least on the Kubrick.


Lester is going on 16 years old(b. December of 1996), which would make him about 90 in our years. He's not doing so hot. But I'm watching him, and helping him when need be. Tried a neighbor-recommended recipe for his aching bones, which is Children's Tylenol, and this seems to relax him a bit. My neighbor asked how he was doing, and I said that in addition to the Children's Tylenol, he's eating and drinking. 


And then there was the pause, and I said(without vocalizing, which I think my neighbor still picked up): which, of course means he'll be peeing and shitting. Well what the hell. There's soap and water and plenty of paper towels here in the house to take care of "spills". And it's not like it's the first time. 


So Lester is frequently an excreting machine. But as long as things go in the end they're supposed to and out the end(s)they're supposed to, you're at least functioning. All I can do is keep him as comfortable as possible. And keep myself away from the Cheetos..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home