Saturday, May 07, 2011

movie night revisited


A pretty good movie night this past Friday, as movie nights go. We try and get one in every week if possible. The original idea behind movie night was a diversion, an alternative to Corona night(celebrated particularly on Mondays, that being quite often the most harrowing of workdays), and it was a solitary activity. Just me, some popcorn n' soda and the movie of my choice.

Movie night is now something I share with one other person, and with that, my reason for doing it has changed as well. Where before I instituted movie night to not drink(a healthy alternative, except maybe for the popcorn), I now do the movie nights so as to have time with the person who watches the movies with me. Wow. The face of movie night has changed.

Performing the same basic actions(well, as far as watching the movies anyway..), but with a completely different motivation. What you call your paradigm shift. Still the popcorn n' soda added in, though I do the soda and most of the popcorn- and the movies viewed are now our choice, not just mine. Or hers, for that matter..

Feels a bit like being on a street which changes names in the course of getting you from your point A to your point B. Same street, just a different name or names and thus a different point of reference as far as the cross streets. Every city has these, but I really noticed it in New York City, walking from the Theater District(47th & Broadway)to the Village and beyond.

So I hope movie night continues(by whatever name we choose to give it). It's a whole lot more fun with this person added in than it was without her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home