Monday, May 09, 2011

Zen, zuddenly--or, just a sittin' and a-scratchin'


The beginning of the workweek varies in its seismic effect on my system, but is always to some extent a jarring experience. It means people, phones, problems. Movement where there was repose. A whirlwind of activity, in sharp contrast to what's usually been a quiet peaceful weekend here at chez Roundly. This one was about a 5 on the Richter scale.

Well it's a necessary evil, this workweek I have to trudge off into every Monday. So I'm not really complaining. It pays the bills. Still, it's good to vent a bit about life's irritations.

As with many Mondays, I'm enjoying a Corona, my one beer for the day. Okay, it's a "fatboy"(a bit more girth than your average cerveza), but still only one beer. What has seemed to help on this, yet another jarring Monday, is simply to sit and do nothing. My Mom used to refer to it as where you just sit and scratch.

Sometimes the best course of action is no action at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home