Friday, August 10, 2007

Happy Birthday to ME(and a few other folks)

Well once again, it's my natal anniversary. Technically, I should wait until 8:57 this evening to begin writing this(yes, I was born at night, but not last night!), but I figure anytime within the basic temporal boundaries of 12am last night and 12am tonight will cover it.

So, yeah, it's my birthday once again. Every August 10, I seem to turn a year older. And I'm thinking of the other August 10 people I know or know of, who are either celebrating or quietly saying to themselves, 'oh God, another one': Rosanna Arquette, Antonio Banderas, Jimmy Dean, Eddie Fisher, Claude Thornhill, Rhonda Fleming, Dixie Hinton & Terry Covington(same year as well), and jazz pianist Michael Stryker.

I also have two crazy old Aunts who share this day with me, though we don't seem to share much else besides DNA. Well actually only one is crazy, and even then more neurotic than anything(hmm, maybe we do have something in common!). The other is just terribly self-centered, to the point of being hard to be around, the one no one ends up liking.

Well I wish all my fellow August 10 denizens, regardless of race, creed, neurosis or other personality flaws,a most enjoyable birthday, however you choose to spend it. Of the two aforementioned individuals who also share my birthyear, I knew Dixie through a friend or two back in '86-88, and wanted to have some sort of celebration on December 10, 1987 since we would both be 33 1/3 years old!

Alas, one of those funny ideas(well I thought it was funny anyway!)that never moves out of the idea stage. By December 10th, I'd forgotten all about it, and if I was celebrating something on that day, it wasn't being 33 1/3. Well the next LP speed I could celebrate if I'm still here(and with my two fellow 54'ers if they're still here)is 78...

As for this particular August 10th, it looks to be nice and low-key. I'm on the second day of what I'd call a 6-day weekend. Well, Thursday & Friday and Monday & Tuesday, which of course straddle the weekend. However you slice it, 6 days off in a row.

I wouldn't call it celebrating, but August 10 is once again noted. Another year, which I hope I've made some strides in. And a year ahead to continue to try to get it right.. Well, happy August 10th to all who share it with me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home